tivoli (spree park 1969- 2001)


"THE CARNIVAL", BY CHARLES

I never thought I'd see it
The final resting place of faith
In youth and grace
Though I am still a young man,
Already my eyes
Are blind to these dreaming omens

Still I lie with eyes closed
On an autumn night,
Lie in wait
As drifting, tickling melodies
Impinge softly: a brain circus
Possessing vacant fields
On the outskirts of town.

Still I lie,
Waiting to feel those
Carnival wheels,
Push me up and around
To where the music swells
All above my head
Where I trace the sun'
Til all is empty in my eyes
Where cool rain bursts
From the cloudless blue sky
Where my head bakes
In the sunstroked air;
From high atop the carnival wheel
It will all fall in
And my body will fly free
But only for a moment!
The world will catch up with me
And I'll be her fondest friend
Perched on her shoulders
I'll exercise my own gravity
In search of a new sun.
Rushing through deserted
Expanses of space, at least
We´ll be alone for a little while

So hold my hand
And I'll be your fondest friend
Holy my hand
And you'll be my fondest friend












5 comments:

Jag, Hugh Grant said...

fina bilder, home sweet home!

Anonymous said...

wow!

Mathias Forsström said...

fin text samt vackra bilder!

Frida said...

Shiiiit, jag var där idag och har blivit helt besatt av detta ställe nu!

frida Danielsson said...

Shiiiit, jag var där idag och har blivit helt besatt av detta ställe nu!